The United Church of Canada: What We Believe
We are a congregation of the United Church of Canada; click here for more information.
For a Grace video of our Profession of Faith, click here.
Grace United Church, Thornbury Ontario
Our Vision Statement:
We will be a bold, nurturing, liberal Christian witness in God's world.
As a Christian community we search for God's Divine Truth in our time with deep questions and reverence and live it with excitement and respect.
The Spirit of What We Believe and Live
- We believe that all people are children of God and there are no exclusions to this radically freeing belief.
- We acknowledge that there are many paths to God's Divine Truth.
- We strive to live in a right-relationship with God, each other and all of creation with peace and justice.
- We encourage and explore all honest questions of faith and are willing to live without definitive answers.
- We worship God joyfully and embrace our historical past but continue to change because time and change are God's gift to us.
- We extend God’s sacraments and blessings to all people.
- We encourage all to bring their dreams and talents to be supported and shared.
- We practice open arms, open hearts, open minds in everything we do.
- We provide an environment to encourage the search for God's Divine Truth in our time.
- We use music and the arts in our search to create excitement, respect and reverence.
- We carry Grace's vision and beliefs to a wide cross section of our community, both local and distant.
- We provide financial resources necessary to move us closer to our vision.
- We charge our leaders to make decisions on our behalf to help us realize our vision.